Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Welcome to McDowell Art

Welcome to the McDowell Art Room!
Dear Parents and Students, I became interested in Art as a kid, and I received my Bachelors in Fine Arts from the University of Akron. One year later I started school at Kent State University where I received my Bachelors in Art Education. In addition, I received my Master in Integrating Technology in the Classroom from Walden University. I love the outdoors and enjoy trail running, cycling, throwing clay, and oil painting.
I look forward to a wonderful year in the art room.  I will focus on the state standards written for art with an understanding that each child is unique and has their own personal style of creating art.  I will use a variety of media including: paint, mixed media, various drawing materials, 3-d materials and printing media.
Your child will meet in art every week of school for a total of 80 minutes.  Some sessions will focus more on studio activities and others will focus on art history, aesthetics, art criticism, connecting art to other subjects, or a mixture of all of these combined.
I look forward to getting to know each student this 2013 –2014 school year.

Your Art Teacher,
Jamie Davis
McDowell Elementary School

No comments:

Post a Comment